JSC Murmansk Commercial Seaport was established in 1994 on base of the public enterprise and nowadays it’s the biggest company in Murmansk.
JSC Murmansk Commercial Seaport has 13 berths and is equipped with the modern handling facilities: 52 gantry cranes with the capacity up to 40 tn, 1 shiploader for handling of apatite concentrate with the capacity more than 1000 th tn/hour, 113 units of fork trucks with the capacity from 1,5 to 32 tn. To provide auxiliary operations the Port has roll-trailers, tractors, haulers, bulldozers.
The main range of cargoes handled by JSC MCS:
- non-ferrous metals and alloys in packages(aluminium, copper, nickel);
- rolled ferrous metals;
- coal in bulk;
- apatite concentrate in bulk;
- alumina in bulk;
- scrap and iron- ore pellets in bulk;
- chemical products in bags and big-bags;
- materials of construction;
- technological equipment in cases and without packing;
- different cargoes in containers ISO-20 and ISO-40.