Venue: Moscow, Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation
Organizer: Media Group PortNews with support from the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation
General Sponsor: Marine Cargo Bureau
Strict compliance with the dangerous goods transportation regulations and requirements, including explosives, is a fundamental factor in the accident-free operations of both maritime and related modes of transport. The Russian Federation successfully implements a monitoring system for safe transport of dangerous goods (DG), which complies with the main provisions of international law in this area.
The conference participants will report and discuss application of this monitoring system in multimodal transportation of export / import dangerous goods, control and supervision of DG handling, the experience of DG transport.
Invited official guests and participants are the following: the Russian Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Industry and Trade, Federal Customs Service, Rosmorrechflot, Roszheldor, Association of International Road Carriers of Russia, Rosoboronexport, Russian Maritime Register of Shipping, Russian Railways, Public Council of the Ministry of Transport, the Union of Transport Workers of Russia, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, harbour masters, industry universities, stevedoring companies, sea shipping lines, manufacturers and suppliers of dangerous goods and explosives, carriers of dangerous and oversize cargo, recognized organizations in safe seaborne transport, freight forwarders, surveyors and others.
Topics of the conference:
- The system of regulation of the DG transport. Rules for the transport of hazardous cargo by different transport modes. Differences by type of transport
- Multimodal transport and applicable regulations
- Explosive transportation: aspects and specifics
- Requirements to packaging, to vessels and other transport vehicles for the carriage of dangerous goods, and the responsibility of shipowners. Fireproof packaging. Classification of dangerous goods. Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Rules of acceptance for shipments of unpacked, bulk or liquid, dangerous goods
- Specifics of transportation of hazardous cargo and explosives in containers
- MSDS and its applicability for the transport of DGs
- Standard procedure of DG packaging compliance confirmation with the requirements of IMDG Code (International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code), Russian Maritime Register of Shipping (RS) is a competent authority confirming compliance of the packaging with the IMO requirements
- Regulatory requirements for tank containers with a vessel made of PCMs. What are the safety criteria of the PCM and how are they comparable with the criteria applied to tank containers with metal vessels?
- On admitting an IMO 4 type tank truck for carriage by sea in accordance with the IMDG Code
- Import substitution and outlook of local manufacturing of compliant containers for DG in Russia
- Experience of leading ocean shipping lines on placing of DG
- Construction and modernization of stevedoring facilities for DGs handling
For participation terms please contact: