June, 2019 will mark the arrival ACI’s third European Environmental Ports Conference. The event will bring together senior representatives from the global port community and shipping companies, as well as environmental policy-makers, academic experts, consultants, and technology providers, to tackle the most pressing topics of the maritime industry.
Given the increasing focus on environmental regulations from the IMO and policy makers in the maritime sector, there is a growing responsibility and requirement of ports to reduce their environmental impact; now is a crucial time to share best practices and explore new technologies and methodologies in order to advance daily operations of a port with minimal ecological consequences.
On the 12th and 13th of June 2019, this two-day event will provide informative presentations on the very latest challenges, solutions and developments in reducing emissions, pollution and energy consumption, as well as discussing the possibilities of industrial collaboration and a more sustainable future.
Key Topics Include
- The Ten Biggest Concerns of the Ports Industry
- Keeping up to Date With and Anticipating Changes to Environmental Legislation
- Ports Impacting Air Quality and the Technological Developments to Bring Lasting Solution
- International Trade and Alliances following the 2019 European Elections
- Improving Water Quality with the Maritime Strategy and Water Framework Directive
- Port, Shipping and City Interaction and Collaboration for Sustainable Economies and Improved Relations
- Ship-Owners and their Role Towards an Environmentally Green Future
- LNG and its role as a transitional fuel and what constitutes as a long term solution
Read more on the Event website >>>>