ACI’s 19th Ballast Water Management Summit will provide essential, expert guidance to shipowner/operators on how to prepare for and manage the BWT Systems in terms of selection, installation and technical operations, as well as advice on compliance, PSC and regulation once the convention is in place. The conference will also address Type Approval and system excellences for the BWT System Manufacturers.
Following the announcement of the BWM Convention ratifying, retrofits for non-environmental vessels can no longer be avoided due to the IMO regulation that falls becomes fully effective on the 8th September, 2017. It’s estimated that $50 billion will be spent over the next five years on retrofits to vessel owners.
Due to time implications and various regulation changes many questions are left to be answered. How will type approval effect the deadlines for compliance? What current options are available for the ship-owners? How are suppliers going to guarantee the systems meet requirements for both regulatory bodies?
- Keeping with IMO Compliance & Integration with USCG Regulations
- Test Approved BWM Systems Solutions for Vessels
- Market Forecast & Challenges to Overcome
- Vessel Retrofits & Understanding BWTS Once Installed
- Ship-owner Strategies & Implementation Plans
- Port State Inspections, Testing’s & Compliance Measures
- Successfully Controlling Installation
- Maintenance & Lifecycle Management of BWM Systems
- Financing Options for Vessel Owners
- Crew Training Methods to Ensure Complete Competence
More about the event >>>>