Between August 23 and 28, at least three tankers bound for Ust-Luga port for Russian export cargo were banned to replenish its fuel supplies at the seaport of Ust-Luga, Russia’s Leningrad region, a bunker supplier told PortNews.
According to RN-Bunker, a major regional bunker supplier, the company was notified by North-West Energy Customs Post that it would not be allowed to supply bunker fuel to the Greek-flagged 101,970dwt Elka Apollon (Year Built 2005, owner Lydia Investments Co. / European Product Carriers Ltd) on August 30, 2013, which anchored at the port of Ust-Luga.
Previously, on August 23, 2013, several bunker suppliers received similar refusals: LLC Baltic Fuel Company - for bunkering two vessels: HANDYTANKERS MAGIC (YB 2009, 38,499dwt, the Marshall Islands flag, shipowner PALMIRA NAVIGATION INC.) and BRO SINCERO (YB 2002, 18,119dwt, Denmark flag, owner Maersk Tankers).
The Energy Customs Post authorities said the refusal was based on the relevant instruction of the Central Energy Customs (CEC) chief Pavel Strelnikov.
Major Russian bunker fuel suppliers have applied to the CTC to clarify the order and requirements for bunkering operations at the port of Ust-Luga.
All news