MariNet and Hydrotechnika journal announce joint contest for development of innovative solutions for maritime industry
MariNet (working group of the National Technology Initiative) and Hydrotechnika journal (Media Group PortNews) have announced a joint contest for the development of innovative solutions for the maritime industry.
To find and select new projects for MariNet, Hydrotechnika journal announces a joint contest among the authors and readers of the journal for innovative hi-tech solutions that can be developed with MariNet support.
The roadmap of MariNet comprises three major interrelated segments where revolutionary changes are expected in the nearest decades and where leadership of Russian companies is to be made possible. They are е-navigation, ocean development technologies and innovative shipbuilding.
The selected applications will be considered by the working group of MariNet and can be included into the list of MariNet projects. Those approved by National Technology Initiative (NTI) will be financed in the framework of NTI.
Among the projects that have obtained NTI financing are:
1. E-Navigation pilot zone and facilities - Transas
2. Portal of geo-information services for maritime industry - Scanex
3. Distance training platform for seaborne and river transport – Admiral Makarov State University of Maritime and Inland Shipping
4. Underwater navigation and communication system – Laboratory of underwater navigation and communication
5. Software package for vessel movement optimization - Marineo
6. Ship network simulator - UNISUP
7. Platform for development of computer environment for unmanned underwater vehicles – INCOM
RF President Vladimir Putin defined the National Technology Initiative (NTI) as one of the state policy priorities under the long-term programme of the Russian Federation to create conditions ensuring leadership of Russian companies in new markets of high technologies.
NTI is aimed to support hi-tech companies of Russia for their promotion in the global market. This support includes both financing through a number of institutions – Russian Venture Company (RVC), Skolkovo Foundation, Foundation for Assistance to Innovations etc – and nonfinancial support related to the development of regulatory framework and promotion of exports through available state mechanisms.