Registration for the conference: "Implementation of the BWMC in Russia” is underway
Registration for the conference: "Implementation of the BWMC in Russia. What needs to be done by September?" is underway. The Conference will be held in Moscow, at the Chamber of Commerce of the Russian Federation, on 27 February 2017.
The Conference is organized by Media Group PortNews with the assistance of the Russian Ministry of Transport.
The Ballast Water Management Convention (BWMC 2004) will enter into force on September 8, 2017.
The BWMC was adopted in order to prevent or minimize the spread of harmful aquatic organisms from one region to another, by establishing standards and procedures for the management and control of ships' ballast water and sediments
Panel discussions include the following topics:
- What vessel types are subject to the BWMC?
- What exemption the Russian Ministry of Transport is ready to provide?
- What shipboard BWM systems are compliant for installation?
- What are the plans to build at Russian ports and abroad sediments reception facilities under the BWMC?
- Who is ready to supply compliant equipment to the Russian market?
- What is the cost of the BWM systems installation / refitting for private businesses?
- Who will benefit from the BWMC requirements?
General Sponsor of the Conference – DAMEN.
Sponsors of the Conference: DESMI Ocean Guard A/S, BLRT Grupp, Evoqua Water Technologies
Read more about the event >>>>