Xiamen Shipbuilding holds keel laying ceremony for Viking Line's vessel
The construction of Viking Glory is proceeding on schedule. The keel laying ceremony will take place today, 3 June, at the Xiamen Shipbuilding Industry Shipyard in China. The new climate-smart ship will begin operating along the Turku-Åland-Stockholm route under the year 2021.
The climate-smart ship Viking Glory will offer passengers unprecedented archipelago views and has already stirred a great deal of interest in Finland and Sweden. The name competition held in April produced more than 22,000 name suggestions. Viking Line will start taking bookings for the new ship in December of this year.
* Delivery at the end of 2020
* Launched for operation on the Turku-Åland-Stockholm route at the beginning of 2021.
* Passenger capacity: 2,800
* Cabins: 922
* Crew: approx. 200
* Length: 222,6 metres, gross tonnage: 63,800 tonnes
* Freight capacity: 1,500 lane metres
* Ice class: 1 A Super
* Fuel: LNG (liquified natural gas)
* Under construction at the Xiamen Shipbuilding Industry Co., Ltd shipyard in China
* Partners: Wärtsilä, ABB Marine, Kone, Koncept Stockholm, Deltamarin, Almaco, among others
Viking Line is a public limited company and a market-leading brand in passenger traffic on the northern Baltic Sea. It offers passenger services, recreation and cargo carrier services on the vessels Gabriella, Mariella, Amorella, Rosella, Viking Cinderella, Viking XPRS and on the flagship Viking Grace.