“Maritime Safety: New Normal, New Paradigms”
The International Safety@Sea Webinar Series from 30 November to 1 December 2020 will focus on the theme “Maritime Safety: New Normal, New Paradigms”.
Organised by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), this is an annual event to engage members of the international maritime community and top practitioners to raise awareness and exchange views on maritime safety.
Topics like seafarers’ mental health & wellness, ship safety & incidents, as well as ship management in the new normal, will be discussed by panellists across four sessions, with keynote speakers from the International Maritime Organization, The Nautical Institute, BIMCO and the International Association of Classification Societies.
As part of MPA’s commitment to promoting safety at sea, registration for this event is free.
30 November 2020
Opening Session: “Maritime Safety: New Normal, New Paradigms”
1. Mr Ishak Ismail, Chairman, National Maritime Safety at Sea Council, Singapore
2. Dr Heike Deggim, Director, Maritime Safety Division, International Maritime Organization
3. Mr Esben Poulsson, Chairman, International Chamber of Shipping
1 December 2020
Plenary 1: “Mental Health & Wellness: Helping Seafarers Cope Better During a Pandemic”
4. Ms Jillian Carson-Jackson, President, The Nautical Institute
5. Capt Yves Vandenborn, Hon. President, The Nautical Institute Singapore Branch
6. Mr René Piil Pedersen, Managing Director, A.P. Moller Singapore
7. Mr Nick Potter, General Manager, Asia Pacific Middle East, Shipping & Maritime, Shell
8. Pastor Toh Soon Kok, Port Chaplain, The Mission to Seafarers Singapore
Plenary 2: “Ship Safety: Reflecting on Incidents, Causality and the Way Forward”
9. Mr Jakob Paaske Larsen, Head of Maritime Safety & Security, BIMCO
10. Capt Kunal Nakra, Deputy Director, Transport Safety Investigation Bureau, Ministry of Transport, Singapore
11. Capt Vijay Cherukuri, General Manager, HSEQA, Executive Ship Management Pte Ltd
12. Capt Kevin Wong, Port Master, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
13. Mr Jacob Damgaard, Loss Prevention Manager, Britannia P&I
Plenary 3: “Ship Management: Lessons Learnt for Safety & Standards in the New Normal”
14. Mr Koichi Fujiwara, Chair of the International Association of Classification Societies
15. Capt Atul Vatsa, Founder and Director, AV Global Marine Pte Ltd
16. Mr David Gan, Director, Business Development, ABS
17. Capt Anil Singh, Chief Operating Officer, Eastern Pacific Shipping Pte Ltd
18. Mr Goh Chung Hun, Director of Shipping, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
To read more and register please visit the event website: >>>>