Maersk Line implements FAK rates from South East Asia and Japan to Australia
As Maersk Line has announced an increased FAK rates (Freight All Kinds) as set out below. The FAK for select reference corridors, commodities and container types are:
* The above rates are inclusive of Basis Freight Rate (BAS), Bunker Adjustment Factor (SBF), Emergency Risk Surcharge (ERS), Terminal Handling Services – Origin (OHC) and Export Services (EXP).
* The above rates are subject to Terminal Handling Services – Destination (DHC), Low Sulphur Surcharge (LSS) and Peak Season Surcharge (PSS). Detailed level of LSS, DHC and PSS level can be found at maerskline.com via link.
* The above rates are also subject to other applicable surcharges.
* Other corridors, commodities (including but not limited to wastepaper, scrap metal, plastic scrap and wood/timber) and container types (including reefer) that are not listed above may also be subject to increases.
* These rates are unaffected by, and do not affect, any tariff notified, published or filed in accordance with local regulatory requirements.
* For trades subject to the US Shipping Act or the China Maritime Regulations, quotations or surcharges that vary from the Maersk Line Tariff shall not be binding on Maersk Line unless included in a service contract or service contract amendment that has been filed with the Federal Maritime Commission (“FMC”) or the Shanghai Shipping Exchange, as applicable.