MR&ST2017: Maximising maritime situational awareness capabilities for the safety and protection of international waters
The agenda has been released and registration is now open for Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology 2017 which will take place on 30-31 January 2017 in Rome, Italy. Since 2016 the myriad of threats facing maritime nations has not abated, mass migration and terrorist infiltration has plagued nations across the globe and is particularly poignant in the Mediterranean and Asia-Pacific Region where maritime traffic is particularly heavy. Therefore militaries and civil agencies must be able to monitor traffic all the while protecting their maritime assets from external risks and this is accomplished by utilizing advanced technologies from platform sensors to unmanned systems and space-based assets which are constantly going through upgrades and advances in sophistication.
SMi says that this year will feature an unrivalled military speaker line-up who will discuss how to maximise maritime situational awareness capabilities through thought provoking presentations and panel discussions.
The 2017 line-up includes: Italian Navy, Italian Coast Guard, Italian Air Force, EU Naval Force, US Naval Forces Europe, Belgian Navy, Portuguese Navy, Royal Air Force, French Navy, Israeli Navy, Finnish Navy, German Navy, C-SIGMA, European Maritime Safety Agency and many more…
“These speakers represent the most senior collection of Maritime Surveillance and Reconnaissance Experts across Europe and the surrounding regions and it is a great honour to be working with them all.” – Rear Admiral (Ret’d) Anthony Rix, Conference Chairman, Former Flag Officer Sea Training, Royal Navy.
5 Benefits of attending:
- This year will feature a wider regional focus outside of the Mediterranean where challenges are also persistent
- The 2017 line-up will feature high ranking military personnel involved with the enhancement of maritime surveillance platforms and systems
- The importance of information sharing as operations are increasingly conducted on the international level will be a running theme throughout
- There will be a vast amount of informal networking time to talk to peers and colleagues who are shaping and influencing Maritime ISR programs today
- Learn how other nations are developing their maritime surveillance and reconnaissance provision from past experience and cutting edge research and development
Plus a post-conference workshop
Running alongside the conference will be a post-conference workshop entitled ‘C-SIGMA: Improving International Collaboration in Space to Enhance Maritime Situational Awareness.’ Which will be led by Guy Thomas the President of C-SIGMA.
See more: >>>>
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network.