Lotus shipyard started formation of the cruise liner hull
Caspian Energy says, Astrakhan shipyard “Lotus” (a part of USC) completed preparation for the first in last 60 years construction of the river cruise liner, PV300VD project, and started formation of the vessel hull on slipways. 12 sections having total weight of 350t are currently in production.
A big preparation and organizational work has been done at yard since the PV300VD keel-laying. Potential main equipment suppliers have been determined. Bid procedures are in place according to USC requirements. 65% of steel rolled metal have been already loaded at the yard, the remaining 35% are planned to be supplied within February.
On August 15, 2016 at “Lotus” shipyard an official ceremony was held for laying of the cruise passenger vessel bottom section, PV300VD project. Construction was started via video-conference by President Vladimir Putin, who at that moment held the State Council presidium session in Volgograd on the issues of the Russian inland waterways development. This class vessels have not been built in Russia for more than 60 years.
The «Moscow Inland Navigation Company» is the client of 141 m long and 16,5 m wide four-deck liner, with capacity of 300 passengers. Construction of the first passenger vessel is planned to be completed in April 2019.
JSC Shipyard Lotus (a subsidiary of MNP-Onshore & Offshore Group) operates two shipyards in Astrakhan region and specialized in construction of modules of topsides for offshore platforms. The company repair ships hulls, hull systems, and machinery. Since 2012 the shipyard is managed by United Shipbuilding Corporation (USC). The main shareholders are USC, Caspian Energy Group and the Government of the Astrakhan region.
A liner for two capitals >>>>
Astrakhan Lotus Shipyard lays keel of cruise ship >>>>