2018 March 28 16:30
The first SCF Far East Tall Ships Regatta will be held between 27 August and 14 September 2018, say the organizers.
The SCF Far East Tall Ships Regatta 2018 will kick off on in Yeosu, South Korea, with an epic four days of celebrations. The first Race will start on September 1. The regatta will finish in Vladivostok, Russian Federation, on September 8. Vladivostok will host celebrations till September 14.
Traditionally, the Regatta is organized for tall ships and yachts of more than 9 meters long. This Regatta programme includes a Day Race (September 11) that will be held in the Amur Bay along the city embankment with yachts of more than 7 meters in length invited to participate. The teams are to consist of young people 16 to 25 years old, mostly cadets of maritime schools and participants of yacht-clubs.
According to tradition, the Regattas take place under the patronage of the heads of the participating states. The Regatta is organized by Sail Training International (STI) and Russia’s Association of Training Tall Ships. Russia’s largest shipping company Sovcomflot is a Title Sponsor of the Regatta. All the Regatta events are supported by RF Ministry of Transport, regional authorities and organizations related to maritime industry.
Host ports and races:
Yeosu, South Korea – 27 August - 1 September, 2018
Race 1 Yeosu to Vladivostok - 1 September - 9 September
Vladivostok, Russia – 9 September - 14 September including:
- Regatta for young people (9 to 16 y.o.) – 9 September - 11 September;
- Day Race in the Amur Bay – 11 September;
- Ceremonial awarding of Regatta winners – 12 September or 13 September;
- Regatta closing – 14 September.
1. Nadezhda – Russia, Class A
2. Pallada – Russia, Class А
3. Koreana – Republic of Korea, Class А
4. Mirale – Japan, Class А (to be approved by STI)
5. AMI - Japan, Class B
6. KPI BIMA SUCI – Indonesia, Class А
6. Class C&D yachts - 10 yachts, China (to be approved by STI)
7. Class C&D yachts – up to 30 yachts, Russia.