Sovcomflot is Russia’s largest shipping company, and one of the global leaders in the maritime transportation of hydrocarbons, as well as the servicing and support of offshore exploration and oil & gas production.
The company’s fleet (owned & chartered) specialises in hydrocarbon transportation from regions with challenging icy conditions and includes 140 vessels with a combined deadweight of 12,282,344 tonnes with the average age of 7 years. A third of these vessels have a high ice class.
The fleet comprises:
- LNG- and petroleum gas carriers;
- Crude oil carriers of the tanker sizes VLCC, Suezmax, Aframax and Panamax, including shuttle tankers;
- Product-carriers of the tanker sizes MR, LR I, LR II and Handysize;
- Ice-breaking supply vessels;
- Research vessels for offshore geophysical exploration;
- Panamax bulk carriers;
- Low-tonnage chemical tankers and ships for transporting asphalt and bitumen;
- Port tugs.