ACI’s 21st Ballast Water Management Conference will once again bring together senior executives and experts from Shipping Companies, technology providers, leading associations and top service providers to discuss the latest challenges and developments making an impact on the industry.
The 2017 event took place in Antwerp, Belgium and brought together industry professionals from organisations including BIMCO, Bocimar, Port of Amsterdam, DHI, Alfa Laval, Lloyd’s Register and many more.
This year’s edition will look at the current state of the industry in depth and look into potential new solutions to ship-owners, as well as analyse the experiences faced by the industry since the ratification took place. The Conference will also attempt to look into the future of the industry and predict how things will develop in the coming years.
Due to time implications and various regulation changes many questions are left to be answered. How will type approval effect the deadlines for compliance? What current options are available for the ship-owners? How are suppliers going to guarantee the systems meet requirements for both regulatory bodies?
ACI’s 21st Ballast Water Management Summit will provide essential, expert guidance to shipowner/operators on how to prepare for and manage the BWT Systems in terms of selection, installation and technical operations, as well as advice on compliance, PSC and regulation once the convention is in place. The conference will also address Type Approval and system excellences for the BWT System Manufacturers.
- Ballast Water Market Forecast
- IMO Updates and Crucial Developments at the MEPC
- Retrofitting of Vessels and Solutions for Ship-owners
- Port State Control Inspections
- Ship-Owner Case Studies
- Port’s Perspective: How Port Authorities are tackling the Introduction of the BWMC
- US Guidelines: USCG Criteria and Gaining System Approval
- Testing of Ballast Water Systems
- Meeting Training Requirements and Guaranteeing Crew Competence
- Maintenance Strategies for Ballast Water Systems
- The Future of the Ballast Water Industry
Read more about the event >>>>