DP World and NIIF joint venture Hindustan Infralog to acquire 90% of Continental Warehousing Corporation in India
Hindustan Infralog Private Limited (HIPL), a joint venture between DP World and the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF), announces the acquisition of a 90% stake in Continental Warehousing Corporation (Nhava Seva) Ltd (CWCNSL), an integrated multimodal logist ics player in India. CWCNSL’s founders, the Reddy family, will retain the remaining 10% shareholding and will remain involved in the business operations.
The purchase consideration is below 5% of DP World’s net asset value as of FY20171 and it is the first investment of HIPL, the recently created investment vehicle between DP World and NIIF to invest up to US$ 3 billion in ports, logistics and related sectors. CWCNSL was founded in 1997 and is a leading integrated multimodal logistics provider of Warehousing, Container Freight Stations (CFS), Inland Container Depots (ICD), Private Freight Terminals (PFT) and integrated logistics solutions.
CWCNSL’s logistics network is spread across key strategic locations in India covering a total area of over 400 acres and providing over 660k TEU (twenty - foot equivalent units) capacity. In addition, CWCNSL’s wholly owned subsidiary Delex Cargo India Private Ltd provides door - to - door logistics solutions including freight forwarding, 3rd party logistics, express logistics and hub - and - spoke model of delivery across 54 locations in 40 cities. In India, DP World has been operating container port terminals since 1997 and was instrumental in building the first Private - Public Partnership (PPP) project for the Government of India.
DP World is currently present at six locations in India with over 6 million TEU of gross capacity and also operates container trains connecting ports to the hinterland. The acquisition of CWCNSL will further enhance DP World’s presence in the entire logistics value chain in India.