Rybinskaya Verf lays down high-speed landing craft BK-16 for National Guard of Russia (photo)
On 12 March 2018, Rybinskaya Verf shipyard (a company of Concern Kalashnikov) laid down BK-16, a high-speed landing craft, for the National Guard of the Russian Federation, says press center of the Concern.
The ceremony was attended by Deputy Director of the National Guard Sergey Mileiko, Director General of Rybinskaya Verf Sergey Antonov, representatives of Concern Kalashnikov and the shipyard.
Sergey Antonov emphasized that BK-16 is one of the best crafts of its class designed in Russia recently.
According to the Director General of the shipyard, the crafts can be outfitted depending on the customer’s requests.
Sergey Mileiko added that the National Guard expects the delivery of several BK-16 boats this year.
Rybinskaya Verf shipyard and the National Guard of Russia are in further negotiations on more contracts.
The landing craft is intended for a variety of missions such as coastal area patrol, personnel transportation, coastal landing operations, fire support, counter-piracy, counter-terrorism, medical evacuation, assistance to vessels in distress, and other special operations.
Rybinskaya Verf JSC is a full cycle shipyard founded in 1947 at the Rybinsk Reservoir (the Yaroslavl Region). The shipyard covers 155,000 sqm of land and 26,000 sqm of water area. The length of the shipyard’s water front structures is 500 m. The shipyard can launch vessels of up to 400 tonnes I capacity and up to 4 meters in draught.
Rybinskaya Verf was incorporated in 1993 and underwent modernization in 2008. In 2015 the company joined the Concern Kalashnikov.
Concern Kalashnikov is the largest Russian manufacturing company that produces assault and sniper rifles, guided artillery projectiles and a wide range of precision weapons. The Holding, in its turn, is 51% owned by the Rostec State Corporation. The remaining 49% is owned by private investors. The Concern currently ships its products to over 27 countries worldwide. The Concern contains three brands: “Kalashnikov” (combat and civilian weapons)”, “Baikal” (hunting and civilian guns), and “Izhmash” (sporting rifles).