Law firm “GRATA International Rostov-on-Don” is an official representative of the international Law firm “GRATA International”, which has more than 20 years of experience in major projects. The quality of our team's work has been repeatedly confirmed by world, Russian and regional rankings such as «Chambers Europe», «The Legal 500», «Pravo.ru-300», «Best Lawyers».
The firm cooperates with state administrations of South-Russian seaports, shiprepair plants, customs bodies and works in close cooperation with maritime lawyers of the Mediterranean, Azov-Black sea basin, The UK, that allows representing the interests of shipowners more effectively.
Major lines of business:
- preparation and legal examination of all types of contracts related to the activities of sea and river transport, including time-charters, bareboat charters, contracts of marine agency and mediation, crew management;
- registration and re-registration of vessels, rights and its charges in the State ship register of the Russian Federation, the Russian international register of ships, Bareboat-charter register of the Russian Federation;
- registration of ships, vessels of river-sea type and type of mixed navigation, cutters, yachts in jurisdictions of “convenient flags”: Belize, Marshall Islands, Cyprus, Gibraltar;
- legal issues of relations with the crew, disputes with crew members;
- legal support of saving a ship and cargo, negotiations with rescuers;
- legal assistance in maritime accidents: collision of vessels, general and particular accidents, accidents with crew members, damage of port constructions, etc.;
- representation of interests in law-enforcement, customs and other state authorities;
- consulting on the arrest and protection against arrest of vessels in Russia and abroad;
- support in the preparation of documents confirming the existence of maritime claims and legitimacy of claims;
- participation in the settlement of disputes, including negotiating with opponents, their insurers and lawyers;
- preparation of necessary documents and assistance in registration of the pledge of ships;
- support in application of collecting to pledged vessels;
- representation of interests of ship owners in customs clearance of temporary importation of vessels on bareboat-charters; consulting on compliance of conditions of temporary importation;
- representation of interests of shipowners in case of illegal actions of customs and other regulatory authorities in relation to vessels, whose repairs were carried out abroad;
- protection of interests in the litigation procedures and in disputes with contractors.