PFI is returning to London on 21 - 22 November 2017 to examine foundations for growth in emerging market, port infrastructure, project finance and delivery. These especially complex and challenging markets require the financial resources and practical expertise that the private sector can offer.
PFI London 2017 will discuss the position of Emerging markets as the driving force of economic growth, and will investigate where positive frameworks have been developed for strong and collaborative private-sector participation, and what are the incentives and likely outcomes of these investments.
The conference will bring leading port and terminal operators, port project consortia, finance, maritime, transport, infrastructure and industrial experts together, to assess and discuss the key challenges and opportunities in some of the world's key emerging markets, with a focus on the developments in Africa, the Middle East, South America and India.
We will be inviting market experts and leaders from these markets, and those with a role or interest in these areas, to share their experiences and outlook with the audience. With an emphasis on learning, networking and market outlook, PFI London 2017 will be sure to provide inspiration and action for those already active and for those considering investigating port infrastructure and opportunity in these sectors.
Across 2 days, key topics to be covered will include:
• Reviewing infrastructure investment demands in emerging markets and developing economies
• The impact of shipping trends and developments on port projects
• Overview of existing and upcoming port development projects in emerging markets
• Innovative PPP models for successful ports investments
• Striking the balance between public and private infrastructure provision
• Opportunities for port investments: port terminals or hinterland transport chains?
• The mechanisms of infrastructure finance
• The role of institutional investors
• How to overcome entry barriers in emerging markets
• Managing evolving project risk
• How to ensure bankability of large scale port projects
• The future role of the terminal operator: Heading towards consolidation / M&A
• Spotlight on key developing markets; Africa, South America, South East Asia and the Mediterranean
• Plus – case studies, C-level panel discussions, roundtable sessions and networking functions
Where: HFW, Friary Court, 65 Crutched Friars, London EC3N 2AE
When: 21 – 22 November 2017, with a site visit to London Gateway post-lunch on 22 November
Who: We invite all those involved in port and terminal projects, especially with an interest in emerging markets such as Africa, Middle East, South America and India to join us. Discounts are available for group bookings and partners.
If you have a project or product that you would like to share with this audience, or if you would like to use this event to talk to 100+ leading port experts, please get in touch.
Read more >>>>