1. Home
  2. Maritime industry news - PortNews
  3. Dockers end Marseille strike

2009 September 16   13:39

Dockers end Marseille strike

The workers from the CGT union, the biggest union in the port of Marseille-Fos, began their action Monday after the men were detained by police over the incident that occurred in June, said CGT official Pascal Galeote.
Galeote said the dockers decided to call off the strike after the three detained men were released earlier in the day.
Management at the Mediterranean port said operations at the oil terminals had been disrupted by the stoppage but that other docks had worked normally as dockers there were not on strike.
In June, around 40 people, some of them masked and armed with hatchets and iron bars, smashed up the port director's office.
The port has been the scene of several strikes by workers protesting against plans to privatise loading activities.

Latest news

2025 April 4

2025 April 3

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30